Make money: How I made $10k (revenue) last month with my Airbnb.
I have a five bedroom home in Seattle, WA. Two summers ago I decided to turn my home into an Airbnb because I didn’t want to move all my furniture. I initially bought the house from my parents with the intent to live there for a long time with housemates.
Well, I lived there for two years and all my housemates seem to all leave at the same time summer 2016. I really didn’t want to get 4 brand new housemates all over again and I definitely didn’t want to move my furniture. So I decided to Airbnb my house.
The first year I made on average $3k per month. I paid a co-host to help figure things out and after being established for a year I decided I could take off the training wheels and do it on my own.
I decided to hire a designer to help makeover my place and increase the price per night. Last month I made $10k. Summer season that is normal. Off season I make around $5k per month.
Here are the 5 things that help boost my revenue on Airbnb.
1. Hired a decorator – this boost my bookings dramatically
2. Hired professional photographer – along with having a decorator, I hired a photographer to take professional photos
3. Key word – I added key words to my listing
4. Increase prices to compete with other area Airbnb – I always kept an eye out on my competition to make sure I’m in the ballpark in pricing
5. Use Airbnb suggested price recommendation – when Airbnb suggested a % price reduction, I always took it. It put me up top on the searches and most months I was booked completely but got me to the top of the search location and other factors may impact nightly rates. I average $350 per night peak season and $199 per night off season.
If you want to try Airbnb for the first time, use this link to get $40 off your stay. Click Here
If you have an Airbnb and want to share this link to new guests who are interested in staying in your place, they will get $40 off their stay and be more inclined to book your home. Click Here
If you want to start hosting on Airbnb, it can be a room or your entire home, you can generate side income. Here is a quick link: Airbnb.
Please follow and like us: